Lead Sheet for Radiation Protection
In stock with immediate delivery! BumiSinaran offers lead sheets for a variety of radiation shielding applications.
Isotope – lite is a special glazing system that combines the high light transmittance and excellent radiation shielding capability into one single glazing assembly. It consists of premium quality lead glass mounted in a metallic frame.
Since lead sheeting has very little inherent structural strength, most applications require that the sheet lead be supported in some fashion, or that the lead sheet be laminated to provide more rigid building material. BumiSinaran provides sheet lead as laminated lead panels, adhesive bonded to materials such as plywood (lead lined plywood), gypsum board (lead-lined drywall), and other supporting materials.
With our large inventory of lead sheeting, most orders can be shipped out on the same day. These sizes are available for immediate shipping
1/32″ x 48″ x 96″
1/32″ x 48″ x 120″
1/16″ x 48″ x 96″
1/16″ x 48″ x 120″
1/8″ x 48″ x 96″
1/8″ x 48″ x 120″
1/4″ x 48″ x 60″
The Versatility of Lead Sheet and Its Uses
- Sheet lead possesses many benefits that make it highly desirable in a variety of applications.
- Lead is a very soft metal that can be easily formed and cut to size by hand at room temperatures without work hardening.
- Lead is a nonferrous metal so it does not rust and its inherent density coupled with its high limpness value give it many uses in industry.
Below are commonly used lead sheet thicknesses based on our industry experience. This information should not be used as recommendations, but as a starting point in decision making. Health physicist recommendations are advised when selecting sheet lead thicknesses are there are many factors to be considered.
- Lead Sheet For Dental Offices – 1/32”
- Lead Sheet for Veterinary Offices – 1/32” or 1/16”
- Lead Sheet for Medical Facilities – 1/16” or 1/8”
- Lead Sheet For Non-Destructive Testing – 1/16” or 1/8”
- Lead Sheet for Radiation – 1/8” or greater